|Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon|
|Basegame||Age of Mythology: Extended Edition|
|Developers||Forgotten Empires, Skybox Labs|
|Publishers||Microsoft Games, Valve (Steam)|
|Original release date|
|Windows||28th January 2016|
- Main article: Chinese (Age of Mythology)
The main feature of the expansion is a new Culture, known as the Chinese. The Chinese major gods were revealed in a livestream on October 2, 2015 to be Shennong, Fu Xi and Nü Wa, together known as the Three Sovereigns. Chinese unique units include Terracotta Warriors, White Tigers, Chu Ko Nu, Mounted Archers, Halberdiers and 2 types of Heroes (Monks and Immortals). The Chinese Titan is Pangu, a deity so enormous he became the world.
The expansion features a new campaign, only tangentially related to the Fall of the Trident, and The New Atlantis Campaigns. The campaign is either set sometime after War of the Titans or during the events of The New Atlantis campaign and is set in China.
"Due to the rumbling fights of the Titans in the Western world, Yin and Yang are shattered once again. This creates an unseen chaos in the otherwise peaceful China, which is thriving under the rule of Emperor Yao. As a General in the Emperor’s army, Jiao-Long must find a way to restore Yin and Yang and return peace to the empire."—Campaign Sypnosis
- Basin - Small lakes on either side of the map provide players with a safe fishing location.
- Deep Jungle - Grassy clearings in a sea of trees. Follow the paths through the forest to find your allies and enemies.
- Old Atlantis - Players start on islands that are connected by shallows. Overgrown temples are present on the map that can be used once they are repaired by players.
- Open Fields - The outer forests give way to large open expanses perfect for farming. Periodic rain is an integral part in this land.
- Regicide - Kill your opponent's regent before yours meets his fate! All players start with a Fortress.
- Silk Road - A long map where players can capture trading posts that generate resources similar to Plenty Vaults.
- Yellow River - All players start on one side of a large river with only starting resources and no extra settlements: They can attack their enemies or settle on the other side of the river.
In addition to the new maps, a new map size, Giant Maps, has been added.
- Removed free favor trickles for each civ.
- Greek favor gathering bonus increased from +20% to +30%.
- Hersir TC build speed nerf changed from -50% to -25% .
- Ragnarok Hero TC build speed nerf changed from -50% to -25%.
- Hersirs have their DM-specific favor generation buff removed.
- DM-specific mercenary limits removed (was 10-10, now will be 12-8, like in supremacy).
- Atlantean favor income buff increased from +30% to +70%.
- Atlantean TC build speed nerfs removed.
- Oracles spawn instantly instead of being delayed, and they no longer scatter.
Older fixes Edit
The following fixes were introduced with patch 1.9, they contain useful information for new players who didn’t play the Extended Edition yet.
- Traitor power now affects Caribous of Set.
- Sun Ray power now affects Medusa units.
- Undermine power now affects Mirror Towers.
- Meteor, Pestilence, Restoration and Lightning Storm powers now display their real range.
- Hero/Destroyers bonus damage now affects underworld passages, titan gates and tartarian gates.
- Frost power now affects all huntable animals (Set’s animals).
- Frost power no longer makes Bronze power stay active after it has expired.
- Shockwave power no longer removes the bronze god power texture from units.
- Shockwave power no longer knocks units off the map.
- Destruction power no longer destroys healing springs.
- Rain power no longer creates an effect above docks.
- The Satyr`s accurate attack now correctly hits targets with its spread javelins.
- Caribous of Set now converts nearby herdables.
- Kraken special attacks now works on Fireships.
- All myth unit special attacks now work on Oracle Scouts.
- Docks are now able to shoot at all water myth units.
- Argo units now has the hero tag.
- Oracle scout units can now garrison.
- Fire Siphons are now able to hit gates on higher/lower ground from their max range.
- Leviathan units now use aggressive as the base stance.
- Oracle hero units now use aggressive as the base stance.
- Caravan units now use aggressive as the base stance.
- Fishing ship units now use aggressive as the base stance.
- Mummy units no longer convert Hippolyta units.
- Animals are no longer deleted when a foundation is built over them.
- Saved games now produce recorded games.
- Advancing to Helious now displays the correct message.
- The exploit with spawning Ajax SPC unit has been fixed.
- Trees and mines no longer provide one less unit than they’re supposed to.
- Atlanteans can now gain favor from town centers during a DeathMatch game.
- Atlanteans can now research draft horses.
- Atlantean citadel centers now provide favor.
- Walls and farms no longer delete dead animals. Other buildings will continue to do so once they are completely built.
- Hippolyta can no longer be thrown.
- Argo is no longer affect by Frost Giant’s special attack and Chaos.
- Transport ships can now carry caravans.
- Transport ships can no longer carry Nereids.
- Spirit of Maat and Funeral Rites now affect all Pharaohs (Main, New Kingdom, and Son of Osiris).
- New Kingdom Pharaoh now has the same movement speed and attack as the main Pharaoh.
- Son Of Osiris now always grants a 3rd Pharaoh, regardless of which Pharaoh you choose to replace.
Bug fixes Edit
- Chimeras can no longer use their special attack on Hero Citizens.
- Walking woods can now be used on Gaia forests.
- Satyrs now have a training time value, reducing their training time from 30 to 15 seconds.
- Oracle scouts no longer show up in the idle military banner.
- Kronos now has access to Omniscience.
- Titan Gates no longer reveal their casting location (still visible on the minimap, but doesn’t give the opponents LOS).
- Sea Snakes are now able to attack Leviathans/Nereids.
- The ingame tech tree now includes draft horses for Atlanteans.
- Greek unique units can now be trained with hotkeys in Archery ranges, stables, military academies.
Visual changes Edit
- Fixed main menu background.
- Fish and buoys are better visible.
- Relics now glow and are better visible.
- Rain mist is see-through.
- Snowy maps should be less bright now.
- Shades and mummies glow less intensively.
- Doubled resolution of icons.
- Improved texture compression, resulting in better image quality.
- Improved terrain textures, resulting in better terrain consistency.
- Improved light settings and shadow positions, resulting in units being better identifiable. Old light settings have been backed up.
- Fixed transparency bugs (e.g. Manticore Wings).
Data changes Edit
There are performance, balance fixes and bug fixes added as well, aiming to make Age of Mythology more competitive for the Multiplayer crowd, to draw in a larger audience (akin to that of Starcraft 2 and DotA)
- Secrets of the Titans research time increased from 60s to 90s.
- Wall repair rate reduced by 70%.
- Wall hack armors reduced from 64% to 50%.
- Wall connectors no longer provide Line of Sight.
- The Bow of Artemis relic now affects Throwing Axemen and all ranged myth units. Centaurs no longer get an extra 5% bonus from this relic.
- The Scarab Pendant relic now affects Fire Siphons.
- Dock damage reduced from 10 to 8.
- Dock range reduced from 20 to 18.
- Fishing Ship hit points reduced from 120 to 100.
- New unit: Physician. Healing unit. Available in the Classical Age.
- Archaic Age nerf on heroes (-50% damage).
- Ajax, Theseus and Jason train time reduced from 9 to 4 seconds.
- Odysseus’ hitpoints reduced from 320 to 300.
- Chiron’s range increased from 14 to 16.
- Hippolyta’s hitpoints increased from 240 to 280.
- Achilles and Heracles cost changed from 350 food, 4 favor to 200 food, 150 wood, 4 favor.
- Bellerophon’s special attack base damage reduced from 100 hack to 70 hack.
- Perseus’ special attack range increased from 5 to 10.
- Polyphemus’ speed increased from 3.5 to 4.1. Special attack works more reliably on slow retreating enemies.
- Bolt no longer affects the following: Villagers, Leviathan, Roc.
- Bolt now deals 1% and 2% damage to Son of Osiris and Nidhogg repsectively.
- Restoration’s duration reduced from 8 to 6 seconds.
- Underworld Passage repair rate is now normalized (similar to normal buildings).
- Hetairoi hitpoints increased from 110 to 140.
- Centaur base speed increased from 5 to 5.2. Sylvan Lore’s effect on centaur speed changed from +40% to +1 speed.
- Trireme range reduced from 16 to 14.
- Divine Blood now affects Town Center build speeds.
- Zeus’ favor gathering bonus reduced from +38% to +25%.
- Colossus starting hit points reduced from 1100 to 1000. Eating/Healing rate reduced from 30/s to 15/s.
- Lure no longer has a variance (was 15%) in its attraction limit.
- Lightning Storm is now fully accurate (was 66%).
- Lord of Horses food cost reduced from 150 to 100, favor cost reduced from 10 to 5.
- Vaults of Erebus food cost reduced from 150 to 100.
- Shades are now affeced by armory upgrades.
- Sarissa favor cost reduced from 20 to 15.
- Will of Kronos favor cost reduced from 25 to 15 favor.
- Deimos' Sword of Dread favor cost reduced from 15 to 10 favor.
- Enyo's Bow of Horror favor cost reduced from 20 to 15 favor.
- Divine Blood favor cost reduced from 35 to 30 favor.
- Sun Ray favor cost reduced from 30 to 20 favor.
- Scylla favor cost increased from 15 to 20 favor, training time increased from 5 to 15 seconds.
- Anastrophe research time reduced from 40 to 30 seconds.
- Thracian Horses food cost reduced from 400 to 300.
- Flames of Typhon food cost reduced from 400 to 300.
- Shafts of Plague effect increased from +15% to +20%. Now affects Gastraphetes. Favor cost reduced from 40 to 30.
- Trierarch favor cost reduced from 40 to 25. Effect increased from +18% to +27%.
- Forge of Olympus favor cost reduced from 60 to 30. Research time increased from 30s to 60s. Effect reduced from -75% to -50%.
- Weapon of the Titans gold cost reduced from 400 to 300.
- Athenian Wall wood cost reduced from 400 to 300, favor cost reduced from 30 to 20.
- Face of the Gorgon wood cost reduced from 400 to 300, favor cost reduced from 30 to 20.
- Monstrous Rage now affects special attacks of the Manticore, Centaur and Minotaur.
- New unit: Bogsveigir. Archer good against infantry and myth units. Trained at the Hill Fort (Heroic Age). Archer line upgrades come at half cost for Norse.
- Initial Ulfsark is now a unique unit that can use the stand ground stance, and is immune to Bolt. You can not re-train it.
- Hersir movement speed increased from 4.2 to 4.3. Hall of Thanes’ bonus on Hersir speed reduced from +1.1 to +1.
- Axe of Muspell moved from the Heroic Age to the Classical Age. Now provides +2 range to Throwing Axeman in addition to bonus vs flying units.
- Portable Ram speed increased from 3.25 to 3.5, training time reduced from 20s to 15s.
- Dwarven Auger’s speed boost on rams reduced from +20% to +10%, training time reduction changed from -50% to -25%.
- Burning Pitch’s effect on Ballista crush damage increased from +20% to +40%.
- Fenris Wolf Brood pack bonus returned to +20% from +15%.
- Healing Spring’s passive healing rate increased from 3 hp/s to 4 hp/s (when idle. Active regen is always 1/10th of the passive).
- Odin’s Ravens spawn immediately when temple finishes instead of spawning on classical age advance.
- Odin’s regeneration rate bonus increased from 0.8 hp/s to 1.5 hp/s (passive regen).
- The Toothed Arrows and Trios Bow relics now affect Throwing Axemen.
- Great Hunt is fully accurate(was 75%, resulting in very bad scenarios).
- Undermine is fully accurate(was 50%, resulting in very bad scenarios).
- Frost is fully accurate (was 90%).
- Walking Woods always spawns 8 Trees as long as there’s enough targets.(Used to be 75% accurate on 7-8 trees.)
- Ballista now auto-attack units instead of buildings.
- Flaming Weapons can now be casted anywhere on the map (you no longer need to target a unit).
- Mountain Giant food cost reduced from 300 to 250, favor cost reduced from 27 to 25 favor.
- Long Serpent Favor cost reduced from 25 to 10, research time reduced from 45 to 30 seconds.
- Ring Giver gold cost reduced from 400 to 300, research time reduced from 60 to 40 seconds.
- Sons of Sleipnir food cost reduced from 400 to 300, favor cost reduced from 30 to 20.
- Dwarven Auger favor cost reduced from 35 to 30.
- Berserkergang favor cost reduced from 45 to 30.
- Bravery food cost reduced from 400 to 300, favor cost reduced from 30 to 25.
- Nidhogg hit points increased from 2000 to 2500, hack damage increased from 30 to 40, speed increased from 3.7 to 4.0.
- New unit: Khopesh Swordsman. Fast raiding infantry from the barracks (Classical Age). Good against Villagers, weak against soldiers.
- Pharaoh range is 3 instead of 4 in Archaic Age. Gets restored to normal upon advance.
- Pharaoh damage reduced by 50%. Archaic Age weakening adjusted to make archaic age damage remain the same. Hands of the Pharaoh restores normal values.
- Hands of the Pharaoh moved from Archaic to Classical Age.
- Set animals’ damage reduced by 50% in archaic.
- Set animals cost 1(small animals) or 2(big animals) pop.
- Isis’ Monuments have now 20% less hitpoints.
- Shifting Sands’ effect on enemy units reduced by 50%, ox cart can not be shifted.
- Roc speed reduced from 4.8 to 4.6.
- Mercenary Infantry hack armor reduced from 45% to 35%, pierce armor reduced from 30% to 15%.
- Mercenary Cavalry hack armor reduced from 40% to 20%, pierce armor reduced from 45% to 35%.
- Camelry training time reduced from 9s to 7s. Pierce armor increased from 30% to 35%. Food cost reduced from 50 to 40.
- Meteor is now fully accurate (was 85%)
- Feral made available in the temple.
- Skin of the Rhino made available in the temple.
- Leather Frame Shield favor cost reduced from 20 to 15.
- Crocodopolis wood cost reduced from 400 to 300.
- Slings of the Sun favor cost reduced from 20 to 15 and effect increased from +30% damage vs infantry to +50%.
- Avenger favor cost reduced from 30 to 25 and speed increased from 5.3 to 5.5.
- Axe of Vengeance favor cost reduced from 25 to 20 and +10% damage effect added.
- Greatest of Fifty favor cost reduced from 40 to 30.
- Atef Crown favor cost reduced from 25 to 20.
- Funeral Barge wood cost reduced from 500 to 300, favor cost reduced from 30 to 15.
- Desert Wind gold cost reduced from 400 to 300, favor cost reduced from 40 to 25.
- Phoenix hit points increased from 400 to 500, hack/crush damage increased from 30 to 40, speed increased from 3.6 to 4, favor cost reduced from 30 to 25.
- Phoenix from eggs costs gold only now. Egg hitpoints increased from 300 to 400.
- Book of Thoth wood cost reduced from 400 to 300.
- New unit: Onager. Long-range siege from the Palace (Mythic Age).
- Medium Archers is no longer freely granted upon the Classical Age advance.
- Shockwave stun time reduced from 4s to 2s.
- Fire Siphon maximum range increased from 12 to 16.
- Contarius (and hero) pierce armor increased from 15% to 25%. Food cost reduced by 10.
- Hero costs decreased by 30% (rounded by 5).
- Valor uses decreased from 3 to 2.
- Gaia’s lush maximum range increased from 8 to 10.
- Automaton speed increased from 3.75 to 4.2.
- Volcanic Forge acts as a pierce armor upgrade for every unit affected by armory techs, and keeps its current bonus to automatons.
- Traitor and Chaos charges increased from 2 to 3.
- Chaos now always converts 1 Myth Unit, and 4 Human Units instead of 3-4 human units and 0-1 Myth Unit.
- Heroic Renewal’s regeneration effect increased from 1.5/s to 2.5/s.
- Mail of Orichalkos improves both hack and pierce armor for archers.
- Heka Gigantes hack/pierce armor increased from 44% to 60% each.
- Atlantean town centers are no longer weaker.
- Cavalry line upgrade costs reduced by 50%.
- Cheiroballista speed increased from 3.85 to 4.0.
- Channels made available in the temple.
- Safe Passage made available in the temple.
- Spider Lair recharge time reduced from 300 to 150 seconds, egg hatching time reduced from 10 to 5 seconds, warning time reduced from 1 to 0.5 seconds.
- Automaton favor cost reduced from 8 to 6.
- Hephaestus Revenge favor cost reduced from 15 to 10 favor.
- Volcanic Forge favor cost reduced from 18 to 15 favor.
- Bite of the Shark now affects Fanatics.
- Weightless Mace favor cost reduced from 25 to 15.
- Poseidon's Secret favor cost reduced from 35 to 20.
- Gemino wood cost reduced from 350 to 200, favor cost reduced from 25 to 15, gold cost removed.
- Heroic Renewal gold cost increased from 150 to 200, favor cost reduced from 25 to 15, food cost removed.
- Behemoth regeneration rate increased from 1 hp/s to 2 hp/s.
- Asper Blood favor cost reduced from 25 to 15, wood cost removed, damage effect of Lampades Blood increased from 25 to 50 pierce.
- Man O' War range increased from 8 to 16.
- Halo of the Sun gold cost reduced from 350 to 300.
- Argus hit points increased from 360 to 400, training time reduced from 30 to 20 seconds.
- Titan Shield wood cost reduced from 350 to 300.