Although there are two different types of Moderators, the Discussions Moderator and the Content Moderator, editors who obtain this right have access to both of these functions on this wiki. Depending on the editor, attaining a moderator status is a prerequisite for becoming a Sysop in this wiki. To request for this right, see Requests for Permissions.
Discussions Moderators Edit
Discussions Moderators are users who have additional tools available to manage conversations in various features across the community where users are having social discussions. These tools are:
- Do everything that a Chat Moderator can do.
- Removing and restoring threads and replies from any user.
- Closing and reopening threads.
- In the Forum feature specifically, moderators also have the ability to manage Forum boards, move threads from one board to another, and highlight and un-highlight threads.
- Deleting offensive blog comments.
- The ability to delete, edit or toggle an article comment.
- Moderating the Discussions feature, if enabled.
- Having this status causes "DISCUSSIONS MODERATOR" to appear next to the username on the user's userpage, unless changed on MediaWiki:User-identity-box-group-threadmoderator.
- List of Discussion Moderators
Content Moderators Edit
Content Moderators are users who moderate the wiki, deal with vandals and trolls, and are able to delete or revert vandalism. Moderators are able to:
- Do everything a Rollback can do.
- Moving protected pages and files.
- Deleting and restoring pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- View deleted pages and comments.
- Protecting and unprotecting pages.
- Edit pages which are otherwise protected from editing.
- Patrol pages if the community has the RecentChanges patrol feature enabled.
- Having this status causes "CONTENT MODERATOR" to appear next to the username on the user's userpage, unless changed on MediaWiki:User-identity-box-group-content-moderator.
- List of Content Moderators