|This article is about the the handheld game. For the PC game, see Age of Mythology.|
Unlike the original Age of Mythology for the PC, Age of Empires: Mythologies is turn-based as opposed to real-time strategy, where in the vein of the previous Age of Empires: The Age of Kings each player is given a turn where their units can make single actions within that turn such as moving to an opposing unit and attacking or capturing or constructing buildings.
Every time two rival players’ units attack one another, a brief animation of a group of each unit engaging in combat is played on the top screen, along with the resulting damage to their hit points.
The Campaign is divided into 8 scenarios for all three civilizations, set into separate campaigns, the first one, the Egyptian one focuses of Hatshepsut and her father Thutmose defeating Set's son Setekh, after investigating bandit raids near Memphis.
- Age of Empires: Mythologies reuses many ideas from the cut content and beta, such as Khopesh Swordsmen, fertile Farms, Hoplites with square shields, and melee War Chariots.
See also Edit
- Age of Empires: The Age of Kings
- Units in Age of Empires: Mythologies
- Buildings in Age of Empires: Mythologies
- Terrain in Age of Empires: Mythologies
- Campaigns in Age of Empires: Mythologies