Player (yellow) Edit
The player starts with three bases, which will be referred to as left, center, right. The player also owns the 3 heroes from the previous scenarios.
- Vietnamese Rebels (Vietnamese) This player is only relevant to the story's advancement.
- Nghe An (Vietnamese) - They have a big base in the south, and will send patrols of 5-10 troops (crossbows, Halberdiers, cavalry) to the right base at regular intervals, they have a fort between the player's right base and their main base.
- Dong Do (Chinese) This player is only relevant to the story's advancement.
- Liu Sheng (Chinese) Located north across the bridge from the player's centre base. They will send patrols of Chu Ko Nus, Halberdiers, Cavaliers and Scorpions across the top of the centre base to Wang Tong. A secondary objective is to stop these patrols, which reinforce Wang Tong. They will also attack the centre base.
- Wang Tong (Chinese) Located between the centre and right bases, they have a large mixed army (that consists mostly of Chu Ko Nus and Halberdiers) which will attack both bases. Their base is only lightly fortified but does have a castle. They will also use Trebuchets.
Neutral to Enemy Edit
- Ai Lao (Khmer) Located to south of the left base, they will not cause many problems although it will be needed to defeat them in order to get to the Nghe An base. They are neutral to the player and will only attack if provoked.
The first thing to be done once the scenario starts is to get the Villagers to work as well as to continue producing Villagers until the player has between 60 and 80 of them (keep in mind that the population limit is 200). There are plenty of resources available around the map but make sure that the Villagers are defended if they move far from the Town Centres.
Also, make a few troops to defend the eastern base in particular. Castle and Towers are always a good idea, however there are only average amounts of stone in this map. When the bases are secured, build an army at the player's centre base to attack Lui Sheng. Two Trebuchets, twenty Rattan Archers and a few Cavaliers, along with Le Trien himself, should be enough. Proceed to destroy Lui Sheng's buildings and take care to not allow any supplies to go to Wang Tong.
Once Lui Sheng is defeated there is no other urgent target and as such it is up to the player's choice to choose the next enemy to be beaten. Ai Lao or Wang Tong are good candidates. Finally, proceed to Nghe An with a sizeable army. Once this faction's buildings are destroyed the player will beat this scenario.
- This scenario's layout might be inspired from the Age of Mythology Bad News and Where They Belong scenarios, both featuring bases that are separated from each other, with the player trying to destroy the enemies between them in order to connect them and proceed with their objective.